To ensure we deal with your prescription requests more efficiently we have made some changes to the Prescription request process.
How do I order my Repeat Prescription?
- Online – Using our Repeat Prescription Requests triage
- The safest and easiest way to request repeat prescriptions is by using the online service via SystmOnline
- By ticking the medication(s) you require on the “tear off slip” and handing it in at reception
- By post
- By asking at the front desk using our “prescription request” form
Please note – we do not take repeat prescription requests over the telephone.
Please ensure that the items you require are requested clearly by ticking the appropriate box on the repeat request form, or if you do not have a repeat request form, please ensure that your name, address and the items you require are clearly indicated on our request form.
In order to process the large number of requests each day please note that 3 working days is required for repeat prescription requests. The schedule for ordering and collection is:
- Order on Monday, collect on Thursday after 3pm
- Order on Tuesday, collect on Friday after 3pm
- Order on Wednesday, collect on Monday after 3pm
- Order on Thursday, collect on Tuesday after 3pm
- Order on Friday, collect on Wednesday after 3pm
In the event of a Bank Holiday this will take Longer.
If you Request your prescription More than 7 days before the due date it will be rejected.
Emergency Prescription Requests
Emergency prescription request are request for medication which you need within 24 hours to prevent you becoming severely unwell.
Emergency prescription requests are not requests for medication which have been ordered late. You should allow 72 hours for routine repeat prescription requests.
Please respect our staff, as it is your responsibility to ensure that your repeat prescription request is ordered in plenty of time.
Our Clinicians can only provide a private prescription if the drug is not available on the NHS.
New Patient Prescriptions
Welcome to The Surgery, if you normally take regular repeat medication please let us know by:
- Giving us a copy of your repeat prescription slip
- Enter your regular prescription in your registration form and request it through the surgery dashboard
- Give us a copy of your medication label on your medication box or bottle which has your name, medication dosage and date.
We will automatically put this on your repeat prescription here at The Surgery.
Please allow 72 hours for a prescription request.
NB: We may require further information before prescribing drugs likely to abuse and or controlled drugs.